After Your Sunless Application
- Wait at least 8 to 12 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin.
- Don’t worry if you see color wash off from your first shower, this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer and what is left behind is a beautiful sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturizer until after your first shower, for this could affect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- Do not exercise until after your first shower.
- Moisturize daily, especially after bathing, to maintain your sunless tan. For best results use a water based moisturizer. Don’t use oil based moisturizers, they can cause blotchy areas.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly to preserve an even sunless tan.
- If sun-bathing remember to wear a sunscreen. Sunless products do not contain sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning.